Skip to Main Content

Creator and Artist Stories

And February’s “On The Rise” winner is...theDOMINICshow

By Sarah Bardeen

Music Community Manager

The people have spoken, and the people love Dominic! That’s right, D-trix from theDOMINICshow won this month’s “On The Rise” contest, the program that lets you decide which up-and-coming YouTube user gets a spot on the homepage. Thanks to your support (and votes!), D-trix is featured today.

D-trix is a talented dancer with a big love for comedy. When he’s not spoofing Justin Bieber or teaching us how to rap, he’s dancing out a surprisingly romantic Valentine’s message.

And, now, a few more words from the man himself:

“Hey, everyone! First off I would just like to say ‘Thank You’ for all the support and for getting me here today. This experience thus far has been a blast and I extremely honored to be a part of the poll. How it all began was I was on reality television (So You Think You Can Dance and America's Best Dance Crew) and from there I wanted to stay in the eye so I thought YOUTUBE was the best route for me. But, all in all, I totally wouldn't be here if it weren't for my great friend Ryan Higa, who pretty much introduced me to this whole YouTube experience. So to all my supporters old and new I just want to say THANK YOU times a thousand and stay tuned for more! Much love!”

If you want to learn more about this program, head over to our “On The Rise” channel, where you can watch trending partners as well as “On The Rise” winners and nominees. And be sure to check out our browse page to see other budding YouTube stars.

Subscribe