Each weekday, we at YouTube Trends take a look at the most interesting videos and cultural trends on YouTube as they develop. Right now, we want to highlight some of the cool stuff we've come across recently:
- We found evidence from around the country of a little known pants-less holiday.
- With major flooding in Queensland, Australia, we experienced some of it through amateur footage from on the ground.
- We went around the world to see top viewed public performances of all kinds.
- We examined the trend of short action films the re-imagine video games In Real Life.
- On the one year anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti, we saw how charities large and small were using YouTube to raise funds and awareness.
- We used search and viewing data to see how popular the cast members of "Jersey Shore" are.
- And we studied how this father and daughter duet became one of the week's most-shared videos:
Check back every day for the latest about what's trending on YouTube at: www.YouTube.com/Trends
Kevin Allocca, YouTube Trends Manager, recently watched "Elizabeth Hughes, 8 years old, National Anthem/"