From squabbling over the family holiday photo, to filming a child unwrapping a dream toy, ‘tis the season for recording cherished family moments. Whether you want to share them with the world, or keep them in the family, here are tips for using YouTube to record your family’s memories:
Save a few Christmas trees, and send a holiday video card.
Compile your family’s favorite moments from the year, add season’s greetings, and blast it out to your family and friends.
- Keep videos short—around a minute or less—and mix film and photos
- Use the YouTube Video Editor to edit your video after uploading
- Include a link to your video and send to your online address book in seconds
Use YouTube as an archive for your favorite holiday memories.
YouTube makes it easy to share your videos just with family or friends by letting you keep your videos private, which makes sure it doesn’t appear in searches.
- Set your videos to Private and designate specific people who can view it
- Keep videos Unlisted where only friends and family with the link can view the video
- Use descriptive titles so you can easily search through your growing online catalogue
If you’re not shy about sharing your holiday moments and others love it as much as your family, you could possibly be invited to earn money from your video (helpful for future holiday shopping).
Check out holiday hits from years past for some ideas:
Jessica Mason, communications associate, recently watched "Project for Awesome: Water and Victoria Secret."