Skip to Main Content

News and Events

Meet the new YouTube News Manager

By Olivia Ma

YouTube News & Politics

Hey, YouTube!


My name is Olivia, and I'm the new News Manager here at YouTube.

Thanks to better, cheaper, and easier access to video equipment, there's an amazing amount of news being reported on YouTube every single day by citizens in all corners of the globe. You're conducting interviews with local community leaders, doing weekly reports on the latest campus news for your school television station, and investigating untold stories you think the world should know about. This stuff is fantastic, but we want to see more from you all and to bring more citizen journalists into the fold.

So here's where I turn to you guys for help! If you see examples of fellow YouTubers doing great work in journalism and reporting, please let me know. If you're a citizen journalist yourself, tell me how YouTube could better serve you. I want to hear how you guys envision news on YouTube and what you'd like to see. My ultimate mission is to make the site a go-to destination for news on the web.

I'd love to hear from as many of you as possible, so please email me any thoughts, suggestions, questions and feedback at citizennews@youtube.com.

Signing off from San Bruno,

Olivia M.

Subscribe