Site Update 9/26
Ladies and gentlemen, we are proud to present to you the latest site updates.
Check out this edition of YouTube News, presented by your local funny news guy pzottolo.
Hot off the press, here is a breakdown of these exciting new changes.
NEW NONPROFIT GRANTS PROGRAM
With this new premium channel-type, nonprofit organizations will have the ability to embed a Google Checkout donation button on their channel and video watch pages that allows people to make a contribution directly from YouTube (no transaction fees included). To apply for this program, nonprofit organizations should go to www.youtube.com/nonprofits.
WATCH 3.0 NOW LIVE!
Since launching the beta version of the new video watch page back in June, we've received lots of helpful suggestions from all of you.
The new watch page is now live for all videos on YouTube. Here are some of the changes we made to the beta version that were based directly on your feedback.
- The video description will stay located on the upper right hand side, where it had been previous to the beta version.
- You now have the option of viewing "Related Videos" in both grid and list style.
- The new "More Videos From This Channel" section shows you a list of up to 30 other videos hosted on the same channel.
- We condensed the video actions to the four that you care about the most: 'Share', 'Favorite', 'Add to Playlists' and 'Flag'.
These are some items we didn't change on the original beta version, since most people were happy with the result:
- Ads no longer appear above the video on the watch page.
- "Promoted Videos" have been moved to the bottom of the page.
- The video size is now larger!
- We now have progressive downloading, so you no longer have to wait for the video to buffer in order to jump ahead.
- When you switch to full screen mode, the video will continue from the point where you left off (the video will not start from the beginning).
We encourage you to send us an email, make a video response or post a comment here to let us know what you think of these new features.
Carry on YouTubians, and don't forget to tune in again next time,
The YouTube Team
Friday, September 28, 2007
Site Update 9/26